Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Wish I'd known this years ago...

...but at least I know it now and can teach my kids this and other biblical truths about choosing friends:

He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.
Proverbs 13:20 (NIV)

See my neat new widget on the right? This is counting down the minutes till I go to Houston for Beth Moore's special event for all the LPM Scripture Memory particpants. She claims that we're going to have to recite at least 10 verses to get in the door, but I have trouble believing that they'd actually turn people away. However, I'll be armed (with the sword of the Spirit!) and ready should I have to prove my eligibility. I've been reviewing and rehearsing all my year-to-date verses. Beth says they'll give prizes to those who can recite all 24 verses, and I'm planning on claiming my prize!

I've always been in awe of people who could quote chapter and verse, and now, thanks to Beth Moore's challenge, my accountability to you ThySpace readers, and my motivating countdown widget, I now have 9 verses under my belt - the belt of truth, that is! Hmmm, perhaps Ephesians 6 should be next...

1 comment:

Sharon said...

love the countdown widget