Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Arrow prayer with a punch

You know what an arrow prayer is, right? It's a quick prayer that you shoot up as it comes to mind, wherever you are, whatever you're doing. Well, apparently David used them, too, and I came across this one the other day in the One Year Bible:

"Please, God, rescue me! Come quickly, LORD, and help me." Psalm 70:1 (NLT)


Now that's something I can memorize with no trouble - 10 words! I bet you can, too. And there's no end to the situations in which this prayer might be appropriate. I can think of all kinds of circumstances from which I may need or want to be rescued. What about you?

The Life Application Bible sums it up nicely - it lists the theme of Psalm 70 to be "An urgent prayer for help. It can be your prayer when you're short on time and long on need." Amen!

No comments: